The Batman Roleplay - Home To All Batman Fans!
Thank you for coming to Batman Roleplay. We hope you like the site and decide to register.
Thank you for coming to Batman Roleplay. We hope you like the site and decide to register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Batman Roleplay! Here, see if your chosen character is taken, and roleplay as your favourite character. If you do not wish to play as a batman character, you can join up as your own imaginative character!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE HAVE MOVED: JOIN THE NEW SITE TO ROLEPLAY WITH US: www.thebatmanroleplay.forumotion.com THANKS

Gotham City Sirens

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Joker
Super Villian
The Joker

Gotham City Sirens Empty
PostSubject: Gotham City Sirens   Gotham City Sirens I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:05 am

Im a big Joker/Harley/Joker + Harley - fanatic!
Simply cannot - and will not be satisfied until my dying breath till these two are OFFICIALLY AND FOREVER MORE reunited in the DCU
And GCS - has definately, given some light on the forgotten Harlequin and her seemingly dissipitating relationship with Mistah J.

Im more than happy to see she's being taken care of in the delicate hands of Paul Dini - whom I trust to know her better than any writer (since he did kinda create her) - though that new comic installment that came out about a week or two ago was kinda hokey. I mean the idea of super-villains and families kinda always was a big enigma in my mind. I can see Harley having a family becuz she is probably hte most light hearted of all of Batman's rogue's - but still - just a tad bit - erm - strenuous and superfilious for me.

In any case, it's a pretty good series, Paul Dini's Poison Ivy really is out of odds here. Definately not Dini's greatest work concerning her. But really I think he's just kind of having a messy start - kind of like with his starting run with Detective Comics before slapping all of dwindling believers with Slayride (Detective Comics #826). So - ya - I guess it's something I'll just have ot wait and see about
Back to top Go down
The Penguin
Super Villian
The Penguin

Gotham City Sirens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Sirens   Gotham City Sirens I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:29 pm

I Am Collecting/Collected The Whole Series Starting From The Underground To Gotham City Sirens #7 But I Dunno If Thats The Last One. I Do Think The Relationship Between Joker And Harley Quinn Have The Strongest Relationship In The DC Universe But I Also Like The Relationships Of Blackcanary And Green Arrow And Catwoman And Batman. Hopefully The Real Joker Appears In The Gotham City Sirens And Harley Falls Back In Love With Him.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Super Villian
The Joker

Gotham City Sirens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Sirens   Gotham City Sirens I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

See the thing is - she is VERRRY much still in love with him - I dont know WHYYY the DCU makes it out like she doesn't (That Harley Quinn series is bogus and shouldnt exist lol) You can see it in her dialogue in GCS - when she asks if the Joker called her back and when Ivy and Catwoman say no she's all like "Oh - well then forget it". All too immediately willingly to run back to him even though she kinda tries to fake hte funkabout it. And the only reason she's keeping this facade up is because Ivy and Catwoman are kinda forcing her too.

In any case - they need to be reunited! Harley loves Joker, and Joker - in his own neurotic way - loves Harley.

And Gotham Underground is really good - especially that little part with the Joker in it (Joker = Rico Suave lol). But youre definately missing a lot of inbetween stuff between the two. We got Batman RIP, and unfortunately when you read hte aftermath youre gonna reaallyy wanna get Final Crisis. Then you want to get hte other Batman series: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?, Batman and Robin, Gotham City Streets, Red Robin, Detective Comics...etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
The Penguin
Super Villian
The Penguin

Gotham City Sirens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Sirens   Gotham City Sirens I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:05 am

I Think The Reson That They Are Making Her Make Look Like She Doesn't Love The Joker Is Because If You Remember, He Does Try And Kill Her And Well The Other Villians Know Thaqt So Shes Trying To Look Like She Has Broken Up With Him To Either Befriend Some Of The Other Villians Like Catwoman And Poison Ivy Or She Does Love Him But Doesn't If You Know What I Mean. It Is Kinda Easy To Tell That They Are Trying To Force Her To Not Love Him (Which I Think Is Quite Mean). Lol I Like How Harley Joins The Other To Gotham Girls But As You Said I Think Also Thay The Joker And Harley Should Be Reunited. I Did Enjoy The Gotham Underground And I Like The Penguins Part As Well As The Joker And Riddler As Well. I Also Like How It Ties In At The End With The Gotham City Sirens. I Have Read A Couple Of The Batman RIP Comics And I Have The Comics With Batmans Death And Where All The Villians Are At That Place And They Are Sharing The Stories Of How They "Killed" Batman And Stuff. I Haven't Heared Of The Final Crisis But I Have Got Some Of The Batma nAnd Robin And The Detective Comics, I Havent Seen Red Robin Or The Gotham City Streets But I Have Other Comics Like The Batman Kiddy Comics That I Like Cuz They Are Quite Simple But The Villians And Story Lines Are Done Quite Good And I Have The Resurrection Of Ra's Al Ghul (Which Is Part Of The Detective Comics) And Batman Conophony And The Arkham Reborn And Im Thinking About Getting Jokers Asylum And The Arkham Asylum Book And Yeah I Have A Whole Heap Of Comics.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Super Villian
The Joker

Gotham City Sirens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Sirens   Gotham City Sirens I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 am

Code:
They Are Making Her Make Look Like She Doesn't Love The Joker Is Because If You Remember, He Does Try And Kill Her And Well The Other Villians Know Thaqt So Shes Trying To Look Like She Has Broken Up With Him To Either Befriend Some Of The Other Villians Like Catwoman And Poison Ivy Or She Does Love Him But Doesn't If You Know What I Mean.

Aha! My dear, dear friend! If we look through our collection of Batman memorbilia - you will note that Joker - really hasnt ever openly tried to kill her except for these few instances such as: 1) Harley Quinn Series where he first sees her, 2) Mad Love, 3)Harley Quinn One Shot, 4) Batman Animated Series Comic, 5) That awful Joker story that recently came out - Clown After Midnight by Grant Morrison [again there might be a little more - but for hte most part these are the more prominent instances]. And whats even MORE important to note is that - he doesnt really try to diliberately TRY kill her in most of these. In the Harley Quinn series, Mad Love and Clown After Midnight - he's lashing out at her in emotional anger towards really something else. The only times where he actually WANTTSS to kill her is Harley Quinn One Shot and the Harley series where he mentions his aching, bleeding heart for her.
And we must not forget he is a psycho clown. Whose perception of human emotion is very alien and very demented in his eyes. In fatc his "true" love is Batman, WHO he makes it his BUSINESS to try to destroy. So hurting the people that he "loves" really isn't to much of a shocker.
As for hte love him but doesn't bit; Im not sure where youre going with that lol. But I like how she is coming out from a more submissive "henchwench" kinda a role to more of an equal stance.

As for dis approval from other characters I think it's honestly a reflection of society in itself. DDs/BDSM/Abuser - Abusee/Kink is really underground but very much an integral part of Harley and Joker's relationship. Society is kind of scared to touch upon such subjects. After that whole Authority Code bullcrap - people have been walking on eggshells about being upfront about things (Like male homosexuality is still kind of a unseen thing in comics).

Final Crisis is a waste of time - BUT it's kind of one of those ESSENTIAL DCU things. Soo - I suppose u should pick it up. Butttt...ehhh...leave that at like hte BOTTOM of your list. As for the Joker's Asylum - unfortunately Joker's story was my least favorite but hte other villains were veerryy good - MY FAVVOORRIITTEE was Two-Face's. And hte Arkham Asylum book is A MUST HAVE! They came out with the 15th anniversary edition with hte script - omg it's beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gotham City Sirens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Sirens   Gotham City Sirens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotham City Sirens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Batman Roleplay - Home To All Batman Fans! :: Chat :: The Batman Chat-
Jump to: